The land acquired by the City for flood protection near the former Ben’s Tavern is an excellent location for an in-town campground and should be developed as such.
Current Circumstances & Opportunity
- The area is approximately 37 Acres.
- The location adjacent to downtown, Roosevelt Park Zoo, and ~3/4 mile to the ND State Fair grounds makes it ideally situated for travelers to Minot’s events and attractions.
- The Roughrider Campground, the area’s only urban-adjacent campground, is ~5 miles to Minot’s central business district.
- Redevelopment efficiencies could be realized with strategic reuse of existing City infrastructure and utilities.
- Commerative area and naming would honor the areas former uses.
Comparing East Grand Forks & Red River Valley State Recreation Area
- Approximately 110 Drive-Through and Walk-In Spaces.
- ~47 Acres of greenway-adjacent land.
- Directly Adjacet to East Grand Forks Central Business District.
- Minot Park District
- City of Minot