The DBPA Bylaws call for the board to review the organizational goals and values on an annual basis through the passage of a resolution. Below is the 2021 Goals and Values resolution passed by the DBPA Board on May 5, 2021.
DBPA BYLAWS, ARTICLE II, Section 2. Organizational Goals & Values
For purposes of regularly considering and keeping the organizational goals and values present in the actions and work of the organization, the DBPA Board of Directors shall annually consider or affirm the organizational goals and values through resolution.
2021 DBPA Goals & Values Resolution
Now therefore, be it resolved that for the 2021 year, Minot’s Downtown Business & Professional Association shall conduct its business with special attention to these 2021 organizational goals and
- Lead with Gratitude. On an ongoing basis, the DBPA will act and speak from a perspective of gratitude.
- Let the Past be Past & Start Fresh. Both Minot and the DBPA have faced many challenges in recent years. For 2021, the DBPA will lead a renewed commitment to the community within Minot’s downtown district by focusing forward on the outcomes we can positively impact.
- Develop Financial Sustainability, Resilience, and Independence. The ability to pursue our mission will be enhanced by financial freedom to act and advocate independently.
- Continued Progress & Organizational Stability. We will keep going what has already begun.
- Champion Downtown Minot as a center of shared community and daily source of qualities essential to lives well-lived.
Be it further resolved that when in doubt, in conflict, and on an ongoing basis, the DBPA will:
- Strive for a professional, efficient, always-improving organizational culture.
- Be transparent in intention and action.
- Value competition, fairness, and entrepreneurialism.
- Focus on a people-centric, complete environment diverse in thought, color, creed, size, age, and ability.
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with all those focused on the betterment of Minot.
- Act with respect and discretion in adversity and disagreement.
- Be stewards of our environment and mindful of our waste and footprint.
- Work to inspire, create, and celebrate within the downtown district and community.
In passing this resolution, we invite our members to take up their work and conduct themselves and their businesses in a manner that reflects these goals and values.